What is CBD Coffee and Why You Should Try It
Why CBD and Coffee Make a Great Combo
When you’re looking for something to help calm your anxiety or overall mood, coffee might not be the first thing to come to mind. However, when combed with CBD, coffee can be quite calming. In fact, there may be more benefits of CBD coffee than you might think.
If you are someone who truly enjoys sipping a cup of coffee first thing in the morning to wake you up, but also suffers from subsequent anxiety or jitters, CBD might be the solution you didn’t know you were looking for.
Benefits of Adding CBD to Your Coffee
CBD and coffee might seem like someone of an oxymoron, but there is actually something to the combination.
Here are some of the reasons adding CBD to your coffee might be a smart move:
- It can increase your energy and alertness. Coffee is known to offer awakening and uplifting benefits, which is why so many turn to it as part of their morning routine. CBD infused coffee offers the same benefits but without the jittery edge side effects that can turn many away.
- Increases antioxidant intake. Both CBD and coffee are both known for their antioxidant properties. Antioxidants help to rid the body that can cause damage to cells. This sound like the perfect way to start our morning to us!
- CBD is known for its range of medicinal properties, ranging from anti-anxiety, soothing chronic pain to reducing seizures in epilepsy patients. When you combine the medicinal benefits to your morning mug, it makes for a great way to start the day.
How to Enjoy CBD in Your Coffee
There are a few different ways you can go about having CBD coffee. Here are our favorite ways for enjoying CBD coffee:
Add CBD to Your Coffee Grounds
- Add 10-15g of ground CBD coffee per cup to your coffee maker or ffrench press.
- If using a french press, measure and add just enough near boiling water, stir and wait 3-4 minutes.
- Finally push the strainer / plunger down gently, and pour yourself a cup of coffee full of CBD-rich hemp extract.
Add CBD to Your Brewed Coffee
This can be as simple as adding a few drops to your pre-made coffee. The easiest way is actually to just add a few drops of CBD oil to your coffee! The amount of drops will depend on the strength of your CBD oil, but depending on why you are taking CBD, we recommend sticking between 5-15mg of CBD per cup.
Buy CBD Infused Coffee Beans
If you don’t want to make CBD coffee, no worries, you can buy CBD infused coffee beans! Choosing to go with pre-infused CBD coffee not only makes your morning routine a little more simple, it takes the guess work out of trying to decide how and how much CBD to add to your coffee.
You can buy CBD coffee in whole bean, ground coffee, and even K-Cups!
If you’re looking for something to perk you up in the morning but not cause any unnecessary jitters, CBD coffee might be the move for you. Coastal Hemp Co. offers CBD coffee available in grounds or K-Cups. Choose from medium or dark roast.